New Covid Test Centre in Tredegar
Written by Alicia Murphy on 16/09/2020
New Temporary Coronavirus Testing Centre to Open in New Tredegar
This new mobile unit will provide a testing service to residents in the north of Caerphilly Borough. It is located at the car park, New Tredegar Business Park, NP24 6BH.
You must book an appointment to attend for a test.
If you live in Caerphilly County Borough and have symptoms of Coronavirus, – a new continuous cough, high temperature or loss of taste and/or smell – or if you’ve been feeling unwell for no apparent reason – please telephone 0300 30 31 222 between 8am – 6pm to book.
The ‘Walk Up’ Testing Centre at Caerphilly Leisure Centre has been extended to open until Thursday 17th September at 6pm. You do not need a booking for this centre, but you do need to be a resident of the borough, and have symptoms of Coronavirus, if you want to attend for a test.
As planned, the temporary drive through facility at Penallta House will close from 6pm on Tuesday 15th September.
New Tredegar Temporary Mobile Testing Facility
Car park, New Tredegar Business Park, White Rose Way, NP24 6BH.
Wednesday 16 September 2020, 2pm – 6pm
Thursday 17 – Wednesday 23rd September 2020, 8am – 6pm daily
• Appointment only. Call 0300 30 31 222 between 8am – 6pm.
• The self-swab test is done in 5 minutes
• Only for residents of Caerphilly. Bring ID and proof of address.
• You can arrive on foot, by car or bike
• Please wear a face covering on the way to and from your test
• Please do not use public transport
• Remember to observe social distancing whilst waiting for a test
• Do not visit any shops or other places on the way to or from your test
• Please remember, if you have symptoms of Coronavirus, you and your whole household must self-isolate at home until you receive your test results.
These testing facilities are intended for people living in Caerphilly Borough. There are other testing facilities in Gwent – at Rodney Parade in Newport and Cwm in Blaenau Gwent.
You can also have a test posted to your home. Apply online at www.gov.wales or phone 119